Serving as Chairman of the Republican Party of Texas is a formidable responsibility. In partnership with the Executive Committee, our next chair will have less than six months to prepare for the start of the 2018 election cycle, where it is critical that we build on our successes from 2016 and re-engage with our base in the areas where we are still not living up to their expectations. We must hit the ground running.
As a Precinct Chairman, a volunteer on numerous campaigns, a Delegate and Alternate Delegate to numerous state and national Republican conventions, and a County Chairman, I have a long and proven track record of working for the benefit of the Republican Party and successfully promoting our conservative values.
We’ve made tremendous strides in Travis County – one of the most challenging areas of our state. During my time as county chair, we:
- Retained our partisan elected positions,
- Added two conservative members to an infamously liberal city council,
- Raised over $350,000, including $100,000 in just the past few months,
- Added a permanent office and two paid staff members,
- Defeated over $2 billion in wasteful and poorly structured bond issues, and
- Reached tens of thousands of voters with improved data and phone banking systems and strategies.
My success in these areas has been a direct result of my focus on building a collaborative environment where all conservative voices in our Party can voice their opinions and work together to advance our common goals with mutual respect. We may not always agree, but as the Party of the Big Tent it is critical we listen to each other and work together in good faith. It is the only way we can grow, sharpen each other, and build on our success.